Wednesday 17 December 2014

Review: Late Summer Rain by Aubrey

13596901Edition: Wattpad 
Pages: 21
Publish Date: August 17, 2011
Publisher: Independent 
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.36 (765 ratings)

This was my first ever short story (other then fanfiction) and it was beautiful! I've read many books like this, like A Walk to Remember or Ruin, But this was amazing, and in such a short story. 
I'll admit it shattered my heart. I didn't even read the synopsis, I just got a recommendation liked to cover, saw it was only 21 pages and thought hey may as well. 
When I started I had this horrible feeling that Ryan wanted to kill himself. And this was his before I die list, and that maybe Dannie would change his minds in the end. 
But I was wrong, though it was a "before I die" list, it was not a list done because he had made the choice to die, but because he had no choice. Just like he had no choice falling in love with Dannie, and neither did she.

"So if someone gave me a second chance to forget everything, go back and live without the illness, I wouldn't. I would rather have loved you, been loved by you and end out love story as a tradegy then be lovers who never loved at all. I want you to know that I don't regret ever getting to know you and I hope you don't either."
- Aubrey, Late Summer Rain  



No comments:

Post a Comment